Well, here it is. This post is about a few firsts…ha, oh, how true that statement is.
First things first (see what I did there?)…this is my very first post on my very first blog ever! It's a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm realizing very quickly how much I've allowed myself to be put outside of my comfort zone here lately. My hesitations about starting a blog range anywhere from worries about not having enough to say to keep a blog running, to making some embarrassing grammatical errors, all the way to not having anyone read it. If I'm being completely honest with myself then the second of those two worries is probably the most realistic.
I am also experiencing a change within my career. I am leaving the first school I joined after graduating college, and the only school system I've known for the past five years, to join a new one. I have SO loved teaching my babies (as you'll soon realize I call all of my students) at MES, but realized through a years worth of prayers, thinking, and talking with others, that my time there was coming to an end. Not only will I be changing systems, I will also be changing grade levels. Yikes! I will be moving down a grade level to FIRST! Ahhh! I've only known second grade for five years, so that will be yet another first. I told you, lots and lots of firsts are heading my way…literally and figuratively.
I've decided that with all of this change it may be helpful to write (blog) about it and hopefully connect with others who may be helpful in my new and upcoming situations. But then again, if no one ends up reading, then I've just created a super, technological online journal for myself. Glass half full, right?? :)
So…I guess I'll end it with this…feel free to share experiences, ideas, encouragement, etc!
Happy Sunday, people!
No comments:
Post a Comment